💪 Contributing to Gosip client
First of all, thank you for considering contributing to the project! We really appreciate any activity around it. There are no small contributions and any investment can't be underestimated. You can contribute with feedback, finding and posting an issue, docs suggestion, code commit, or a star ⭐️. All of these encourage us supporting this and other our Open Source projects on a high level.
Gosip is Open Source project hosted on GitHub. We, at ARVO Systems, and community, use the library on our production projects for our customers which makes it easier to guarantee stability and maintenance.
Contributing to the project follows a majority of GitHub and Open Source communities' principles.
- Target your pull requests to the dev branch.
- Add/update any docs articles related to your changes embeded to the code or as a separate notes to the PR, which we'd love to publish on docs site.
- Include a test for any new functionality and ensure all existing tests are passing by running
go testcommand(s), see more here
- If you are fixing a bug, include a test that would have caught the bug you are fixing.
- Keep your PRs as simple as possible and describe the changes to help the reviewer understand your work.
- If you have an idea for a larger change to the library please open an issue and let's discuss before you invest many hours - these are very welcome but want to ensure it is something we can merge before you spend the time.